UPDATED - Summer Remote Learning Tasks and VLE login issues
The school will continue to provide study materials to support your child's learning and progress via the schools VLE (Virtual learning environment) during the time that it is necessary for your child to be learning from home. A parental guidance page has been created to support parents with these remote learning tasks and other home learning ideas.
Remote learning tasks for each year group are provided on the schools VLE and/or Google classroom. Your child has a VLE login and will need to use this to access and complete the work set by their teachers. Whilst your child is studying from home the school's expectation is that your child should complete all of the work that has been provided in a timely manner. Your child should also read fiction and non-fiction books, as well as revise the work that they have already done this year in preparation for the school exams.
An overview of the remote learning tasks for each year group can be accessed from the respective links below:
Further Learning resources
From the 20th April, BBC Bitesize and Oak national Academy will be providing access to regular daily lessons in English and Maths, as well as other core subjects. The content of these lessons will be backed up by new videos, practice tests, educational games and articles. Regular lessons on other subjects, including Science, History, Geography, Music and Art will also be covered.
Parents can get advice on how to teach anyone who is home-schooling and the Bitesize website will also have guides for pupils with SEN (special educational needs).
Please click the links below and select your child’s Year Group, for direct access to the lessons available for your child.
1. Bitesize Daily lesson resources - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
2. Bitesize Weekly schedule of lessons on offer -https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/znbnscw
3. BBC Bitesize app – BBC Bitesize also has an app. This will be providing daily lessons for 14 and 15-year-olds. Find out more about the app here.
4. Oak Academy Lesson resources - https://www.thenational.academy/
6. Department for education additional resources - list-of-online-education-resources-for-home-education
- All Articles