Free School Meals
Your child may receive free school meals if you get any of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based jobseekers allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- support under immigration and asylum law
- the guarantee part of state pension credit
- child tax credit and you have an annual income of £16,190 before tax or less
Children who get any of the benefits in their own right, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
You cannot get free school meals for your child if:
- you (or your partner) receive working tax credit, unless
- you receive working tax credit in the four weeks immediately after your work ends
- you receive working tax credits in the four weeks after you start work and you work less than 16 hours per week
- you (or your partner) is the child’s foster parent as arranged by a local authority.
Please click here to apply for free school meals. Please make sure you have your National Insurance number to hand before you fill in the form.
For more information regarding free school meals please email the London Borough of Newham at: firstname.lastname@example.org.